|photo courtesy of Dunwoody High School Swim and Dive Team|
A nice recap on the Championship meet at the following link: https://swimswam.com/westminster-boys-marist-girls-repeat-titles-ghsa-1-5a-state-meet/
Also, congratulations to the Chamblee High Boys' team which finished 3rd and the Chamblee High Girls Team which finished 5th. http://brookhavenpost.co/chamblee-swim-and-dive-squads-successful-at-2016-state-championship/37452/
Results as reported by DHS Coach Corky Gibbons:
Dunwoody girls finish in 2nd place, 10 points back of Marist, in Ga division 5A-1A swimming/diving Championship: Marist 225 , Dunwoody 215, Sequoyah 192.
The Wet Wildcats were lead by Laura Spratling, who swam with a broken ankle. Laura was lead off on the State Champion 200free relay and 400free relay. The girls in the Gold medal 200 free relay were Laura Spratling, Hannah Robison, Allie Reiter and Kaleigh McGrady, with a 1:38.10, a new school record. They got out front and stayed out front.
The girls in the Gold medal 400 free relay were Laura Spratling, Hannah Robison, Allie Reiter and Kaleigh McGrady, with a time of 3:32.95, (also a new school record)we were in 2nd place when McGrady entered the water on the anchor leg. When she surfaced we were in first place and she pulled away from the rest of the field.
- Allie Reiter got Silver in the 100 breast with an Automatic All American time of 1:02.68 , also a new school record. Allie also finished 6th in the 200 IM with a time of 2:05.59 also a school record.
- Kaleigh McGrady was 5th in the 100 free
- Laura Spratling was 4th in the 200 free.
- The 200Medley Relay of Hannah Robison, Ellie Eisenmesser ,Laura Spratling and Sydney Sloan finished 14th.
- Diver Abbey Yates was 8th
- Diver Emily Christensen was 9th
- Savannah Maddux was 20th.
- There are points from 1st - 20th.
- Relays are worth twice the points of the individual events.
The boys finished 9th out of 126 teams.
- The boys 200 Medley broke a school record that was set in 1978, Chris Thames, Ben Reiter, Juan Martinez and Paul Joyce broke it in the prelims and Chris Thames, Ben Reiter, Juan Martinez and Ryan Polk dropped the time even further with a 1:38.76 finishing 6th.
- Ben Reiter finished 16th in the 200free and 11th in the 100fly.
- Chris Thames finished 5th in the 100 back with an All American Consideration Time of 51 .07, 18th in the 200 IM
- Juan Martinez finished 19th in the 100 free.
- The boys 400 free relay finished 11th, Juan Martinez, Ben Reiter, Paul Joyce, Chris Thames.