***Reminder: E-SPLOST V Informational Meeting at Chamblee Charter HS, Thursday, October 13th @ 7:00 pm***
The proposed E-SPLOST V project list is now available on the DCSD website.
Click the following link for the presentation: http://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/e-splost/files/2016/10/7090-DCSD-2016-Community-Meeting-Presentation-Final-v4-100416.pdf
Click the following link for the handouts: http://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/e-splost/files/2016/10/ProjListHandout_20161004.pdf
According to the presentation one of the options presented would provide Chesnut Elementary with a 350 seat addition.
I am a bit confused here. While Chesnut is in desperate need of renovations (43.17 Facility Condition Assessment rating) Chesnut does not require additional seating unless there is a major redistricting effort planned by the school district.
Also, on the project list for the Dunwoody cluster:
- Replacement of playground at Kingsley Elementary
- New HVAC system and site improvements at Kingsley Elementary
- New HVAC System at Chesnut Elementary
- Security improvements at Chesnut Elementary, Kingsley Elementary, Vanderlyn Elementary
- New trash compactor for Dunwoody High School & Peachtree Charter MS